Fortress Guesthouse in Axente SeverMake a reservation
Discover what it’s like to stay in a fortress.
Try a unique experience: spend the night in a 700-year-old fortress in Transylvania!
You will find here peace, relaxation, history and tradition.
There are 4 studios located in the defensive wall of the fortified church of Axente Sever and they can accommodate 3 (Carol I, Queen Mary, Queen Elisabeth studio) or 4 people (Michael I studio) making these a suitable location both for couples who want to spend a romantic vacation in the fortress of Axente Sever, but also for families with children.
Each studio has a large room and an open floor. Bathrooms feature a shower and a hairdryer, and the each room also has a fridge and a TV.
But besides all this, perhaps the most important feature is the view.
Although the studios are technically located in the defensive wall of the old fortress of Axente Sever, the windows offer a relaxing view of the fortified church within the fortress. At night, everything gets another perspective, and the lighted church offers a real show.
Within the Axente Sever fortress there is also the Fortress Museum and the inner courtyard of the fortification is a perfect place to spend summer evenings. Our tourists can also visit the tower of the fortress, and the view they will discover there will surely remain in their memory.
- Renting/ facilitating access to non-motorized leisure facilities (bicycles etc.)
- Selecting household waste and recycling it
- Using ecological cleaning products
- Using energy-efficient solutions (e.g. energy saving lights, A + class appliances, solar panels, photovoltaic, drying the laundry in the sun etc.)
- Towel change on request
- Reducing water consumption (e.g. collecting rainwater, holding a well, etc.)
- Fits in the local architecture
- The exterior and / or interior appearance is preserved
- Natural/ecological materials were used at the construction of the building
- Supporting the local economy (e.g. hire / collaborate with local staff etc.)