Bertha HouseMake a reservation
In the heart of the medieval fortress Sighișoara, you will find a magical accommodation, which embodies the very essence of Transylvania – Bertha House.
This medieval house dating from 1716 is considered to be one of the most authentic accommodations in Sighișoara and it will impress you from the moment you will cross its hundreds of years old threshold.
The tastefully restoration that was done thus respecting the local history and traditions, combined with the modern comforts, make Bertha House an experience in itself.
From the entrance you will be introduced to the medieval atmosphere of Boldă de Fer, the shop of antiques and rustic objects where you will hardly refrain from getting lost for minutes in the beautiful exhibits.
Fairy tale rooms
The authentic Transylvanian mood continues with the accommodation area where each of the 4 rooms is designed around the traditional Saxon trade.
You will be able to sleep in a unique atmosphere, recreated with great attention to details in the room “The guild of blacksmiths”, “Guild of weavers”, “Guild of tailors” or “Guild of carpenters”.
The capacity of each room is of 2 people.
The four spacious and bright rooms are decorated with restored Saxon furniture, with many guild-specific objects, and respect certain color palettes such as green, blue, brown or white.
- Beds with rustic accents and stunning woodwork details.
- Free Wi-Fi
- private bathroom with shower
- Free toiletries and hairdryer.
Bertha House is appreciated by both couples and families.
Located very close to all the important attractions of the city, Casa Bertha is an excellent starting point to discover this medieval jewel-the Sighișoara Fortress – part of the UNESCO heritage.
A good opportunity to visit Sighișoara can be the Medieval Festival, a festival organized every summer that presents the civil and military life from the 13th-17th centuries.
- Using energy-efficient solutions (e.g. energy saving lights, A + class appliances, solar panels, photovoltaic, drying the laundry in the sun etc.)
- Water low reducers
- Fits in the local architecture
- The exterior and / or interior appearance is preserved
- Natural/ecological materials were used at the construction of the building
- We provide promotional materials about the local traditions, crafts, and encourage the purchase of original handicrafts and souvenirs
- Cooking with local food products or from our own garden
- Supporting the local economy (e.g. hire / collaborate with local staff etc.)