Built more than a century ago like a small fisherman house, in Sulina, on the Prospect island, Danube delta Eco hostel now is a small, eco-friendly place made for backpackers and people who like to enjoy nature, simple life, slow and responsible tourism.
Hostel is small, has 4 room (two 6 bed dormitories with the bunk bed style, one 4 bed room and one private double room).
All rooms are simply furnished, meeting the basic needs of every traveler.
There is also big yard for camping that can host up to 10 people.
Small, fully equipped common kitchen is at guest disposal too with coffee, tea, pasta, rice and various spices to use. On the porch you can relax after a long day in hammocks.
Hostel also have 3 yards: the biggest one is camping ground with the fire pit and BBQ place, while middle and back ones are our chill out, full of grapes and figs, common areas.
Hostel is situated on the other side of the Danube river, one minute boat ride from the city side. This gives it a special charm, because it is surrounded by locals and you don’t have a feeling you are tourist, you just blend in the colorful, happy local surroundings.
As we are on the part of the city where nature begins we must be an eco place too. We recycle everything we can, our outside toilets and showers are simple, clean and well maintained, we use only eco products for cleaning. We buy fresh food, vegetables, eggs and more either from the farmers market, either from our neighbors, supporting small business and lovely people of the area.
Other goal that we have is to make you fall in love with Danube delta as we are. We organize many tours around the city and delta, including, but not limiting to walking, boat and kayak, bird watching, cooking, eating with locals or bicycle tours. They can be from few hours to couple of days, pre-arranged or if you have a tour in mind, we will do our best to make it happened.
There is no minimum stay required for Danube delta Eco hostel. However, to experience and enjoy delta we recommend to stay not less than 3 nights.
- to confirm your reservation 20% of non-refundable deposit is required to pay 48h after reservation is made. After that period we reserve the right to cancel your reservation without notice;
- we have pets on site (friendly cats and a dog). If you have any allergies, please inform us;
- we are pet friendly, but you will need to take care of your pet. We do not have or provide any facilities for your pet (bowls, food, ect.). If you plan to arrive with the pet, inform us upfront;
- we are child friendly, any kids up to 5 y.o. can stay for free if they share bed with the parents (we don’t provide coats)
- laundry service available (upon request)
Recommended for: backpackers, solo travelers, alternative eco travelers, groups.
Here you’ll find info about how to reach us.
- Renting/ facilitating access to non-motorized leisure facilities (bicycles etc.)
- Offering guests possibilities for waste selection and recycling
- Water low reducers
- Towel change on request
- Fits in the local architecture
- The exterior and / or interior appearance is preserved
- Natural/ecological materials were used at the construction of the building
- We provide promotional materials about the local traditions, crafts, and encourage the purchase of original handicrafts and souvenirs
- Cooking with local food products or from our own garden
- Supporting the local economy (e.g. hire / collaborate with local staff etc.)